Tradisang, cultura, cantiga, comeria, palabra

Bairro Portugues de Malacca
tradisang, cultura, cantiga, comeria, palabra...

PANG SUSI


This recipe was given to me by the late Sister Dorothy Santa 

Maria better known as Sister Dot. I remember her saying share

 your recipes,dont take them to the grave with you. Beng nos 

prendei faze pang susi. Eu ja prendei de Sister Dot kisorti faze 

pang susi. Eu lembra Sister sempri fala ki nos sabeh kuze,da 

kum tudu jenti sabei,nang gadra ate mureh.


1kg high protein flour. 1kg farinya


5 tablespoons sugar. 5 kuler grandi sukri


1pkt yeast. 1pkt  yis


1 cup of warm water. 1 kopi agu kenti freu.


1 tablespoon butter. 1 kuler grandi matega


2 small sweet potato.2 batata dosi keninu.


Method/ faze.


1.Mix all the ingredients together and set a side to let it raise.

Mistura tudu,bota na sol,desa subi sa pang.


Ingredients for the filling. Trempa para sa inti.


1 onion,cut into cubes. 1 sabola


Chicken breast,cut cubes. 1 peitu de galinya


1 teaspoon cinnamon.1 kuler keninu canela


A little bit of salt and pepper to taste. Umpoko sal kum pimenta.
5 potatoes.5 batata


Method/Faze


1.Fry the onions,chicken breast and potatoes.(potatoes can be boiled and mashed first).
1.Frize alu,peitu de galinya kum batata.(pesagu batata,)


2.Add in the seasonings,together with the cinnamon and pepper.
2. Bota sal,canela kum pimenta.


3. Leave a side till it's cool.
3. Lanta,bota umbanda,desa freu.


For the bread. Faze pang.


1. Knead the dough.Ramas farinya.


2.Make balls.Faze bole.


3. Flatten the dough and put in the filling. Abri farinya,bota sa inti.


4. Shape it and put it on a try.Faze pang susi,bota na bandeize.


5.Rub egg on the surface of the bread. Seka obu na riba di pang.


6. Bake for 30 minutes at 200F. Asak 30 minutu na fogo 200F.
When it's done,enjoy your Pang susi. 



*My appologies as I'm not able to upload pictures this time. Will do so once the problem is sloved.







8 comments:

  1. Hello. I am a Eurasian from Singapore. My mother is a Pereira and a Kristang and my father is a Scottish descended Eurasian. I myself married an Indonesian man and I am very sad to say that the Kristang culture in Singapore is as good as dead. I was very happy to stumble on your blog while searching for an alternative pang susi recipe. It appears that you have not updated your blog in a while and I hope it's not because you do not plan to continue documenting the wonderfully unique and sadly endangered Kristang culture. I have enjoyed your posts and picked up a few unfamiliar Kristang words. I have not spoken Kristang as often since my Kristang maternal grandma passed away over 30 years ago and the language is fading in my memory. Please keep up what you are doing and help keep our culture alive in any way you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Denise,
      I'm so glad you found my blog and found it use ful. I will update as I'm now so busy with my work. I'll get on it soon.

      Delete
    2. Dear Denise,
      I'm so glad you found my blog and found it use ful. I will update as I'm now so busy with my work. I'll get on it soon.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great recipe.I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara
    My name is Eisler Pereira
    I am very sorry that I can't send you a message on the pang susie recipe. I would like to do it. I have send you many replies pertaining to this but was unable to send as the message just was deleted...had to wait until my daughter comes back from work just now.
    Please except my sincere apologies...for any incomplete messages to you...

    Yo pun Kristang...bos sa recipe mas sabrozu...kotra
    Ka singapura inte jenti bodi faze isti
    Tudu jenti...mai..pai.. mule..maridu ja mure..idadi...ja bai...
    Yo sa krensa gosta isti na pang....
    Yo faze...choma kon bos...ola...
    seng
    Thank you

    Here's my email address
    eislerpereira@gmail.com
    Cheers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eisler. I hope you tried the pang Susi's. Here is my email should you want to get in touch with me. safredstamari@gmail.com

      Delete